Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All in His timing...

I guess it really is time to update this blog. I go back and forth about even keeping it, but I guess if it is for anyone, it should be for us to remember these times. And if we're going to do that a little better I should at least update the only place I'm recording our comings and goings.

Time really has flown for us in this past year and we have had one of the best years too in Bountiful Utah. We've grown really attached to our ward here and have made some great friends. My brother Ramiro and his wife Stacey also moved to Utah last May so she could get a PhD at the UofU in school psychology. So now that we're finally in a ward that we love and could see ourselves staying in for a while, and we have even more family close by we end up having to move. But this move is really exciting for us, and we're ready to move forward. Well to catch you up, we moved to Bountiful for Aaron to be able to start getting experience in the medical field. He has had an awesome job here working as a medical assistant in a Pediatrician's office. He applied to PA school (which I kind of talked about before) but things just didn't work out this year as PA school is very competitive so we were totally not thrown off by this outcome. We both know that it is just going to take some more experience and also get more science classes in so his science GPA will shine. We are also keeping our options open and Aaron is actually trying to get into a nursing program right now so that he can have that to fall back on and possibly go into a nursing practitioner's program once he gets a nursing degree.
Our plan was that we would both apply to grad school, and if he got in then we'd go to school for him, and if he didn't then I would go if I got into school. Well, the application process for me was a bit stressful. I really wasn't sure if I was even going to get into school, and after several rejections, I was already ready to move forward and start doing things to make my application better. Fortunately I was accepted into a program in NM at ENMU, and I was waitlisted at Texas Tech. I accepted the spot I was offered at ENMU instead of waiting to hear about Tech because things in Portales (where ENMU is located) just seemed like they were falling into place for both Aaron and I. Aaron can attend classes at a community college in Clovis where it is super cheap even for out of state residents, and they also have a nursing program he has applied to. I also was offered a graduate assistantship which gives me money, as well as waives my out of state tuition (so I'll qualify for in-state tuition) (SUPER GOOD DEAL) It will almost be as if I won't have to pay tuition at all.
Anyway, needless to say we feel blessed. We expect to have many more years ahead of us of hard work, but this is our start and we're so happy to move forward.

It's crazy how it has almost been a year that I have been staying home with Sam. It has been a wild ride that I have absolutely loved and I'm so grateful I've had this time to spend with him. I've grown so much, and I know my heart is forever changed and bonded to his. There is really something special about being able to stay home with your babies that I will never take for granted. I know it is going to be super hard for me to go back to school and even have to work afterward while Aaron is in a grad program. It's a sacrifice, but I feel like now is as good of a time as any and I'm ready to get it done.

Well friends, that is the update. We have limited time left in Utah since we're moving so Aaron can start class right away in June. Hopefully we can make the best of our time. I'll update again soon with some of our recent adventures. Till then, New Mexico here we come!!! We're excited!

7 comments:

irene said...

Yay! an update- that is so great how everything just falls into place sometimes- even if it wasn't quite our first choices huh..well enjoy Utah time because you will most likely miss it like we do!!

Chelsea Gallaway said...

Yay I'm so excited and blessed ya'll are going to be close. I bet I can see you guys at least once every few months, instead of every few years! I love you both and good luck moving down! Call me when you get here! 806-239-5366

Leslie said...

I am so sad that guys are moving out of Utah. But, it really does sound like this is what you are supposed to do, especially with everything falling into place.

Milko, Eve, Allison, And Joshua said...

So you are moving?! When?

Ryan and Sariah said...

I'm so excited!!! We'll be in the same stake again. We have to get together. Be safe with the move!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys have lots of people who love you, and are not close by. Please keep up the blog for all of us who don't get to see you, and don't get to see little Sammy grow up. We need up-dates and lots of pics. You are loved!!!

Denise said...

I'm so happy that things have fallen into place for you and Aaron. You'll be missed by your Utah friends and past team members.

Best of luck in New Mexico, stay in touch.

Denise