I was told I also needed to contribute to our family blog. Sophie threatened me she would change the name to Sophie's blog if I didn't post sometimes.
Being a dad is great. I now know what all the full time moms do all day and what they don't get to do. Sophie had to go back to work full time about a month ago, she makes way more working for BYU than I ever would if I were working so I stay home with Sam until she gets home. When Sam is awake I pretty much have to cater to his every whim. He doesn't sleep much during the day and when he does he doesn't like to be put down because he wakes up. I can't complain too much because He is a great night sleeper. I give him a bottle at 10pm long after Sophie has gone to bed and he is asleep no later than 11:30pm. He amazingly sleeps an 8-9 hour night. when he wakes up my day starts with the little guy, again, long after Sophie has gone to work. I don't know what other people's situations are here at BYU but I can hardly get any homework done. As soon as Sophia gets home I'm off to class. So If you call going to class a break I'll take it, even though it doesn't feel like it.
I know this sounds like I'm complaining a little bit but I am proud to be a stay at home half the day dad. Not a lot of guys get to bond with their babies like I get to, getting peed on, pooped on, spat up on, cried at, knowing your appreciated by a helpless being, seeing his happy face in the morning when he wakes up, making him laugh, making him smile. Its the greatest.
I truly love my wife for all she puts up with. She puts bread on the table and also cleans it. She is able to get more done than I am when I'm at home with Sam. She is super woman and a great mom.
pink and gold crib bedding
3 years ago



6 comments:
Awww that's so sweet! I'm so proud and happy for you guys. You are great friends and an awesome couple and I could only hope for a precious relationship like you have. I think you give marriage a good name. Staying at home with Sam is great. They seriously grow way too fast. You'll blink and then he'll be sitting up...and then walking. Cherish the littlest moments guys! :)
I too am grateful Aaron gets to have this experience. It's the only thing that makes me going back to work worth it- that Aaron and Sam get to have this bonding experience too. Thanks Aaron for all you do!
Tummy time is a great time to get hw done, get his fav toys place them @ the edge of his space & watch him go
Your little guy is such a cutie. I am so glad you get to do the mom thing aaron. You'll have to come down for play group sometime.
What a cute mini-me you two have. Way to go Aaron I think a lot of dads are jealous. Yes, being at home is a lot of work but worth it. YEAH for Sophia bringing home the bacon. Congrats to you both.
Aaron,
you are such a nice guy! All the things you said about Sophie are so true! She is really amazing!
I have to go to work too and I think only when Milko is watching her, I don't feel so guilty. He doesn't get to see her often the days when I am home and he is gone working and studying.
It's amazing, but I think he even likes it now to stay up at nigths :) I would wake up in the morning sometimes and try take her from his arms, so he can get some sleep. He doesn't want to let Allie go! :) It's cute really :)
You guys are awesome! Sophie and I are lucky, we have amazing husbands! :)
Post a Comment